Divorce and Family Law Attorney in Macon Handles Your Case with Care
Personalized guidance through every step of the legal process in Georgia
A family law crisis, such as an impending divorce or child custody battle, can leave you shaken, confused, and anxiously seeking peace of mind. That’s when it’s time to visit Margrett A. Skinner d/b/a Skinner Family Law. Since 1987, I have helped countless clients in the Macon area and through out middle Georgia obtain favorable outcomes to issues that seemed overwhelming. If you want sound advice, strong representation, and individualized attention at a very fair rate, I am ready to serve you and your family, too.
Strong family law advocate delivers peace of mind
Skinner Family Law is a sole practitioner law office where each client receives close, personal attention. When you retain my services, you will find I am:
- Knowledgeable — After 30 years of practice in the Macon area, I know the law, the local court rules and procedures, and virtually everyone in the legal community.
- Straightforward — On a visit to my office, you’ll experience plenty of hospitality, but you’ll also get my candid opinion about your case. I will not sugarcoat my assessment, especially when I know how the court is likely to rule, because it’s too important for you to have realistic goals for the legal process.
- Thoughtful — My experience has taught me to read people and situations pretty well, which helps me to understand what motivates opposing parties to take certain positions and what might persuade them to give a little here or there to reach a workable compromise. My insight can often save my clients time, stress, and expense.
Large law firms are often impersonal, and many of them delegate cases to paralegals and unproven associates. I limit the number of cases I accept at any one time so I can devote my full attention and deliver positive results to each client I represent.
Experienced family lawyer advocates for your rights
Family law encompasses a variety of areas that affect people on a very personal level. I provide personalized legal guidance to resolve those issues favorably for you, including:
- Divorce — When it is time to dissolve your marriage, I provide divorce representation that is highly personal, professional, and comprehensive. If you and your spouse are candidates for an uncontested divorce, I negotiate marital settlement agreements that save you time and expense. However, when a settlement of your child custody, alimony, child support, or property distribution is not possible, I litigate forcefully to achieve the best possible outcome. To get your inquiries started, you might view answers to frequently asked divorce questions.
- Child custody — Disputes over child custody can arise as part of a divorce proceeding, after the divorce has been finalized, or even between unmarried parents. I protect your parental rights while working toward a solution that advances the best interests of your children.
- Adoption — I am often asked to help relatives, including grandparents, stepparents, and third parties, adopt a minor child. I work diligently to remove any legal impediments to adoption so new parents and their children can have peace of mind.
- Legitimation — I help single mothers, putative fathers, and children establish legal rights to custody, visitation, support, and inheritance through the legal process of legitimation.
For these services and more, I provide highly professional representation and reliable legal guidance through every step of the process.
Contact a knowledgeable Georgia family law attorney
Your family law case deserves dedicated representation from an experienced lawyer who cares about your family’s welfare. For straightforward advice at a fair rate, call Margrett A. Skinner d/b/a Skinner Family Law today. You can reach me by phone at 478-845-1058 or contact my Macon office online to schedule a consultation.