Family Law Attorney in Macon Resolves Legal Conflicts
Straightforward advice and personalized service yield positive results for Georgia clients
Most folks naturally prefer to keep family problems in the family. Unfortunately, many issues that impact a family require a legal remedy. When that happens, you want counsel from an experienced attorney who genuinely wants to help. At Skinner Family Law, I provide discreet, highly personalized legal services for families in the Macon area and surrounding counties. Drawing on the insights gained from 30 years of legal experience, I work to resolve family law conflicts with a minimum of emotional stress and at a fair cost.
Experience with a wide variety of family law cases
Georgia family law governs all manner of domestic relations. Cases I frequently manage include:
- Divorce — I manage dissolution of marriage cases in the Macon area. I have extensive experience litigating contested divorces and reaching marital settlement agreements in uncontested divorce proceedings.
- Military divorce — When one of the spouses in a divorce is a member of the U.S. Armed Forces, there are special considerations for the process and the division of government benefits. I have ample experience in these cases and can protect your rights.
- Child custody — Your relationship with your children is one of the most important aspects of your life. Whether you are in the midst of a divorce, are already divorced, or have never been married to your child’s other parent, contentious child custody issues can arise. You need capable representation to protect your parental rights and advance your children’s best interests.
- Adoption — Welcoming a child into your home is a wonderful act of love. I help stepparents, grandparents, birth parents and adopting couples through every step of the process, so you can rest assured your adoption is legal and final.
- Legitimation — Single fathers who want to have a relationship with their children beyond simply paying child support must go through the process of legitimation, so they can request a court order for custody or visitation.
My insights and experience often enable me to reach a swift, cost-effective solution to family law problems. Unfortunately, some matters are too complex and some parties too uncooperative for negotiations or mediation to succeed. At those times, you can rely on me to fight hard in court for the best possible results.
Contact a knowledgeable attorney in Macon for your family law case
Your family law case deserves personalized representation from an experienced lawyer. At Skinner Family Law, I draw on 30 years of practice to provide straightforward advice at a fair rate to Georgia clients. Call me at 478-845-1058 or contact my Macon office online to schedule a consultation.